Thursday 25 June 2015

Unravel Me (#2 Shatter Me) By Taherah Mafi review

tick
tick
tick
tick
tick
it's almost
time for war.

Juliette has escaped to Omega Point. It is a place for people like her—people with gifts—and it is also the headquarters of the rebel resistance.

She's finally free from The Reestablishment, free from their plan to use her as a weapon, and free to love Adam. But Juliette will never be free from her lethal touch.

Or from Warner, who wants Juliette more than she ever thought possible.

In this exhilarating sequel to Shatter Me, Juliette has to make life-changing decisions between what she wants and what she thinks is right. Decisions that might involve choosing between her heart—and Adam's life.


5 Stars

Well, you either read this book before you read the e-novella Destroy me, or after. And trust me, that novella make a hell lot of difference. 
Trust me, I'm the kind of person who hardly ever reads the novellas. But this time, I made an exception. And darn it, wow. 
I saw everyone, including loser extreme, Juliette, in a different light. And there is SO much to Warner than we give him credit for. (Well, apart from his devilish good looks, now)

I had hated Shatter Me, the first book in the series, rather passionately. What? It's freaking useless and eventless! But this one, one the contrary, is SO good. Eventful, amazing, funny. Its kept me so hooked, I was feeling like Juliette after she starts liking Warner. (THAT, though)


No, really. I was pretty content on my stand for this series, and had absolutely no intention of reading it. Then, #ShatterMeTV happened. That was pretty much enough to convince me. 

There is so much Warner in this book that its just freakin' overwhelming, man. And Adam is just lost and stupid. And in the light of a new discovery about him and why he can touch Juliette breaks him further. And trust me, I'm not complaining. He's not even worth my time when Warner is around. It's rather funny for me when people talk about "teams" here. When were there freaking teams? There be only Warner!
And as for Juliette, *sighs*she starts out as a complete basket case 

but goes on to be a somewhat badass. Her character hit character development faster than spontaneous combustion.  Literally. 

We see Warner all head-over-heals, makes-you-wanna-cry mood. He's actually nice. But he still maintains his bad boy charisma we love him for. I try my best to like Adam. To adore the brother side of him, or anything. But bam, no. There are 2 sides to Adam. One is bearable, and one makes me wanna give him a hug. On the neck. With a rope. 
As for Warner, there are so many sides to him. So many. If you don't like one, love the other! You either love him, or you're freaking asexual. 

Aaaaand when you find out about the Adam-Warner relation..


And Warner's real name is Aaron. Aaron. Aaron. I can say it all day.


And the Warner-Juliette scene at the end. I. Couldn't. Believe. The. NERVE. of that wretched girl. HOW? How could you? 


All in all, I'm happy that they're getting this on TV. Can't wait. 

P.S- I'm reading Fracture Me, the novella from Adam's point of view, and making funny sounds and faces at him. #SorryNotSorry








No comments:

Post a Comment