Saturday 20 June 2015

The Heir By Keira Cass #4 of the Selection series review (Spoiler free)

Princess Eadlyn has grown up hearing endless stories about how her mother and father met. Twenty years ago, America Singer entered the Selection and won the heart of Prince Maxon—and they lived happily ever after. Eadlyn has always found their fairy-tale story romantic, but she has no interest in trying to repeat it. If it were up to her, she'd put off marriage for as long as possible.

But a princess's life is never entirely her own, and Eadlyn can't escape her very own Selection—no matter how fervently she protests.

Eadlyn doesn't expect her story to end in romance. But as the competition begins, one entry may just capture Eadlyn's heart, showing her all the possibilities that lie in front of her . . . and proving that finding her own happily ever after isn't as impossible as she's always thought. (synopsis from goodreads)


For most, this was there most anticipated novel of they year. And most expected a round up struggle story of Maxon Schreave and America Singer after their marriage. Instead, get ready for an inanely proud protagonist, their bitchy daughter, Eadlyn.  
4.5 stars.

I frankly have no idea what I even expected from this book. But one thing I was sure of was the follow-up story nostalgia. Did I feel it? NAH. The mere posibility of that feeling was demolished on the first page. America herself was hard enough to bear because of her immaturity and stupidity. But her daughter, my my. Eadlyn is the kind of character with which a love-hate relationship is the only way to sustain yourself throughout the book. She is smart, confident; but stupid at the same time. She acts like a total bitch, BUT SHE HAS NO REALISATION OF THE IT!

"My name is Eadlyn. I am going to be the queen of Illea. And no one is more powerful than me" 


The story turns around when Eadlyn is forced into a Selection and she has to choose among 35 suitors, the guy she will marry. But seeing how headstrong she is: she comes up with a counter attack to her father, poor ol' Maxon, that she will only hold it up for 3 months. Fair deal, I'd say, But she doesn't freaking try! Speaking of the boys, she sees no potential in any hardly any of them. Except Kile, Marlee Woodwork's son who she had hated most of her life (believe it or not, because of hygiene problems. That's how picky she is), A Finnish guy called Henri (who doesn't speak English), and as much as I think, his translator Erik, who is not even a part of the Selection. I found him and Kile growing on me, and if she picks either one, the sadness in my heart will be inevitable. I also saw that any people have started shipping Erik with Eadlyn, but can't really say. 

But my favourite guy, *sighs* has to be Eadlyn's twin (She's older by 7 minutes) Ahren. Ahhhh, Ahren!

He's the perfect picture of Maxon from his youth. Not like I liked Maxon before, but Ahren is sure to make you swoon. 





No comments:

Post a Comment