Friday 19 June 2015

P.S I Still Love You by Jenny Han review (Spoiler-ish)

Lara Jean didn’t expect to really fall for Peter.


She and Peter were just pretending. Except suddenly they weren’t. Now Lara Jean is more confused than ever.

When another boy from her past returns to her life, Lara Jean’s feelings for him return too.


Can a girl be in love with two boys at once?


No. She can't be in love with 2 boys at once. And this book is all about how epically she fails at that..

3.5 stars.

I'll keep this review as honest to god as I can without spoiling it. 

This book was everything To all the boys I've Loved before wasn't. Which is stupid, cheesy, Overly romantic. And I did not like this book for those very same reasons I had LOVED TAILB. This can definitely be my let favourite book by Jenny Han. I love her, but this book, NO. 
Lara Jean's cute innocence turned into nails-on-a-chalkboard disturbing. I couldn't bear her. Any bit. The end, I assure you, was good, and settled the crazy emotion storm that that was going on in me. I was just thinking about all the negative things I'm going to write about in the review. 

Okay. So here goes. I LOVED the relatively conclusive ending to the first book. What EXACTLY was the POINT of writing this book with unnecessary drama? 

We see the emergence of a new character. John Ambrose McClaren. Remember him? MUN guy? Blonde who hadn't received her letter? That one. He comes back with his heart warming confession that he had liked her all this time. And Lara Jean is very confused both by this new twist and Peter's "friendship" with Genevieve. So, basically, Jenny Hen gets us all mushed over Kavinsky, and now, poof, LIKE THIS NEW GUY. I say, WTF?! 

At so many times, I wanted to throw this book. Why didn't I? Because I don't throw books, and it was an Ebook on my iPad. Lucky beyotch.

I wouldn't throw a Hemingway away, anyway

As I had obviously loved Peter so much, I was very territorially protective of him. It was like we were being Assassin (read the book, you'll know), and I had taken it upon myself to protect Kavinsky. 



I had liked TABILB because it was realistic. This book, nah. It made me SO angry at times, I couldn't handle it. 


"Peter came into my heart first. Now he won't leave"
Uh, so why did you leave him? 











No comments:

Post a Comment