Tuesday 20 October 2015

Halloween Reads!

Halloween is almost upon us, and I know this is a really exciting time for most of you guys, but in India we don't really celebrate Halloween. I mean, honestly, there are so mnay festivals that we are celebrating, and we don't need another one on that long list.
BUT, I do love the extra attention spooky books get at this time. Watching horror is one thing, but reading it, thats another thing entirely.
So here is my collection of books that are sure to spook you and make the even more worth the wait.

1)The Woman In Black by Susan Hill



You've all seen the movie featuring Daniel Radcliffe. But the original novella is a must for the early build up to the day!


2) The Fall on the House of Usher by Edgar Allen Poe

Reading anything by him, be it the Raven, or Dream with a dream, can rattle you, but this cllection of stories speaks straight to the brain and sends shcok waves. Trust me, I'm telling you a first hand account.

3) The Diviners by Libba Bray

Trust me, I still have bad dreams imagining the Naughty John tune. This is the kind of book that you will HATE, But completely fall for at the same time. Because come on, Libba Bray is the DA QUEEN. 

4) The Ghost Stories of Edith Wharton


This one is an absolute gem! Winner of the Pullitzer and nominated for Nobel 3 times. But that doesn't count it down on the spook meter. 

5) Pet Semetary by Stephen King


We all know Stephen King's The Shining, Carrie and countless others which have given us the spook and nightmares for days. Guess what this spook master had to say about this book: "this is a terrible book. Not in terms of writing, but how dark it is. I never knew so much darkness could come out of me.." Right, you are.



So, that was my collection of scary books that I will be reading in my #HalloweenBookAThon and I hope you guys join me too!

(P.S. I'm reading Simon v/s the Homo Sapiens Agenda and review to be up soon!)

No comments:

Post a Comment